Nationally respected business etiquette coach, Arden Clise is our guest for this episode. She has just published her book, "Spinach in your boss' teeth" available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and on her site: CliseEtiquette.com . This is a great gift for your team or for you. Many of the tips SHOULD be obvious, but perhaps you weren't paying attention when your mother tried to clue you in. She covers dining, online etiquette, business tips to make your value shine. Her specialty is assisting clients to confidently and comfortably navigate business situations.
The other three in the series are:
- How do you on-board a new sales manager? Within 6 months, new sales managers are usually slammed.
- Leadership and management skills playing together don't usually get taught.
- Lifespan of a sales manager is about 18 months.Marketing will go back and write a new plan, but the sales managers get fired.
The sales manager typically will ask, "What are you going to do today? What are your goals for the day?"
The stunned sales person stammers a defensive reply, "I'm going to get on the phone...I'm going to call prospects.."
- Key performance
- Business acumen
- Sales Management coaching drives more sales.
- Managers ranked the lowest on coaching.
- 53% of companies are providing some sort of coaching, training and development.
- Only 44% of companies had a well-defined, well-understood coaching program.
- disruptive awareness
- problem aware - but not sure what the solution is or could be
- found solution
- found where to get the solution
Marylou tells us, "I’m Founder of Strategic Pipeline, a Fortune 1000 sales process improvement consulting group. Our client roster includes prestigious companies - Apple, Bose, AMA, Talend, CIBC, Gartner, Prudential, UPS, Logitech, Orkin, AAA and Mastercard.
Guest host, Robert Pease went through this pipeline performance checklist. Get your notepad out for this one. A few of the steps included:
Be patient with the overall sales process. 07:00
You can't close in the first contact. 07:15
Hit the Q3 Ground Running: A midyear pipeline assessment blueprint for your business - By Matt Heinz
What are we really doing to get prepared for the next selling season?